[arch-general] is it possible to disable bold(bright) color under console?

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:51:38 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Xeslaro <bfsc.yb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 12:33:53PM +0200, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
> > You are not telling wich console are you using... Are you in some kind of
> > virtual terminal? Or in the linux console? If the latter, are you using
> the
> > old VGA console or the new FB console?
>
>   sorry, i thought there's a general way to do it. i want to do it under
> xterm and fb console with agetty running.

I was thinking on patching & recompiling the kernel module associated to
the console...

But on second thought, you may better try with "screen" (if you are not
using it already). Just adding the following line to the .screenrc file did
the trick for me:

    attrcolor b "-b"

You can even replace the bold with underline, for extra fun, using instead:

    attrcolor b "=u"

Screen has so many posibilities!

HTH
--