[arch-general] Openstack keystone

Krzysztof Warzecha kwarzecha7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:30:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response, I had a busy week.

2012/9/11 Andy Pieters <Pieters.Andy.Mailing at gmail.com>:
> Python. Could you tell me what the implications are of using this under
> virtualenv. Does it mean that they keystone-all and keystone-manage tools
> will be available system wide? Can you think of other implications of using
> virtualenv to run Openstack in/under?

No, keystone-all and keystone-manage will not be available system wide
unless you add them to path. I'm not sure if this is good idea. You
could try to do something like this:

sudo mkdir /usr/local/virtualenvs/keystone
sudo virtualenv2 /usr/local/virtualenvs/keystone
(...)
sudo ln -s /usr/local/virtualenvs/keystone/bin/keystone-all /usr/local/bin/
sudo ln -s /usr/local/virtualenvs/keystone/bin/keystone-manage /usr/local/bin/

But I'm not sure if it will work. (Beware, you cannot move virtualenv
once its installed, see [1]).

Since you want to install keystone system wide, you could also run
"sudo python2 setup.py install". It will install all dependencies and
stuff (but it can mess with python2-* packages from pacman, see [2]).

> I have also attached the full trace I get when I try to run keystone-all
> when built by myself.

Could you post your keystone config? It seems that
paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py tries to load that 'server' module because it
found it in local_conf. I'm not sure where contents of local_conf
comes from.

You can debug this script futher with pdb:

python2 -m pdb /usr/bin/keystone-all

Type 'help' for help, 'up' / 'down' / 'bt' to move through the stack,
'dir()' to show variables on current frame and 'pp variable' /
'dir(object)' / 'pp object.method()' / 'pp object.field' to inspect
variables and objects.

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv#making-environments-relocatable
[2] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=139264

--