[arch-general] Proprietary nvidia driver for different kernels

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Sep 17 13:46:19 EDT 2012

I don't play computer games. Perhaps I'll render 3D videos or use Google
Earth. I'll give it a try and remove the proprietary driver. Watching
videos and editing videos must be possible for my needs too.

I was pissed off when the old nouveau driver didn't work for my machine
and some distros already dropped the nv driver.

If 3D should work with the kernel-rt, I don't need the standard kernel
anymore, resp. perhaps I'll keep a second kernel for emergency cases.

Hopefully the nouveau driver won't cause real-time issues. I guess I'll
run a jack midi latency test later or tomorrow.

> In any case it's nice to see that a opensource alternative to the
> closed nividia driver is available and working better all the time!

Unfortunately we only can use it until 21 December 2012 ;D.

Regards,
Ralf