[arch-general] / mounted ro after update

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 18 03:35:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:01:26 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/15/2012 11:24 AM, P .NIKOLIC wrote:
> > Of course noone else will offer any assistance  will they  EHhhhh!
> >
> > Pete .
>
> Pete,
>
>    You know me, I'm never quite to the ire of many, but I haven't a
> clue what you are dealing with here... Let us know what it ultimately
> turns out to be and if it is an issue with util-linux on Arch's end,
> file a report so it gets fixed before it bites me :)

Morning David

Yes this is a real cracker and it only started after a big update  .

What i have found is  if i boot with the Arch boot cd  the fsck both "/
and /home "  it will boot fine but like this morning it has booted but
with / mounted ro  which means i can not do any updates  another time
it will be /home that comes up ro but there is no problem to be found
with the disc itself  , I am wondering if it is  an SATA problem again .

I have had too many problems with those stupid crappy designed sata
data cables , i have never seen such a pile of puke as the SATA
connection design and whoever designed and ratified needs to be hung
drawn and slaughtered.

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.5.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 26 09:14:51 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux