[arch-general] / mounted ro after update

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Sep 18 03:47:26 EDT 2012

Whenever does an install of archlinux, they also do a big update so it's
safe to say I got nailed by this problem too.  I'm not going to dismiss
out of hand the probability that util-linux is at fault, but when I
tried the installs this past weekend I suspected mkinitcpio or perhaps
syslinux-install_update might be at fault.  However if in this update
process neither of those utilities were used, then both of them are
cleared.  It seems when util-linux finishes running after install or
update it fails to set the sticky bits on partitions and lesser
components in the linux file system at least in ext4 which is what I
used to try the installs this past weekend in line with the installation
guide on the archlinux wiki.