[arch-general] / mounted ro after update

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 18 04:53:52 EDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 03:47:26 -0400 (EDT)
Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net> wrote:

> Whenever does an install of archlinux, they also do a big update so
> it's safe to say I got nailed by this problem too.  I'm not going to
> dismiss out of hand the probability that util-linux is at fault, but
> when I tried the installs this past weekend I suspected mkinitcpio or
> perhaps syslinux-install_update might be at fault.  However if in
> this update process neither of those utilities were used, then both
> of them are cleared.  It seems when util-linux finishes running after
> install or update it fails to set the sticky bits on partitions and
> lesser components in the linux file system at least in ext4 which is
> what I used to try the installs this past weekend in line with the
> installation guide on the archlinux wiki.

HUmmmm you got me wondering now that could well be  both partitions
that have the problem are ext4  why i did not change them to my more
normal XFS i dont know ..

I may have to back a lot up and rebuild but this time i will let my
normal hate of the entire EXT file system rule and go XFS never been
let down there ..

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.5.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 26 09:14:51 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux