[arch-general] finally got a talking archlinux installed!

Martín Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Sat Sep 22 00:25:17 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net>wrote:

> Creation of a separate /boot partition helped.  I did it with syslinux,
> and have partition structure of /dev/sda1 /boot 50MB /dev/sda2 swap 1024MB
> /dev/sda3 /mnt 15440MB and /dev/sda4 /home remainder of the disk.  Since
> in this configuration, /dev/sda3 correctly points to /root I left it alone
> but edited syslinux.cfg to point at linux-lts and also changed ro to rw at
> the end of those append lines.  I did that after booting the machine and
> waiting an hour then hitting enter to get anything going.  I heard
> archlinux start talking but also heard message failed to create secure
> directory again.  So the rw on those append lines has if only temporarily
> enabled this system and disk writes to work.  I don't have authority to
> edit the beginner's guide, and do have to question if anyone really did
> follow those instructions to the letter and come out of it with a working
> system.

> jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>
> Adobe fiend for failing to Flash

Hey congratz, it's a sweet moment when one have finally the ball rolling =)
Regarding the wiki... well, it's just a wiki, providing you put enough care
with the final result I don't think there's any issue at all - on the
contrary, the only way to strengthen a community is  when it's members are
involved.