[arch-general] testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 04:15:16 EDT 2012

2012/9/22 Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:
> Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:09:02 +0900
> schrieb Zhengyu Xu <xzy3186 at gmail.com>:
>
>> After updating systemd to 191-1 in testing repo, I had following
>> messages during booting and the process was stuck (crashed).
>>
>> [   10.539416] systemd[1]: segfault at 7d ip b75a97b7 sp bfb0ece8
>> error 4 in libc-2.16.so[b752a000+1a4000]
>> [   10.539700] systemd[1]: Caught <SEGV>, core dump failed.
>>
>> Downgrade to 189-4 can solve this problem. I want to know if this
>> is a personal problem or a general bug affecting others as well.
>
> Why am I not surprised?
>
> Yes, binary init system is so much better than a script based init
> system. And Poetterix is so damn good, so advanced, such an evolution
> and so much better than the common and over 40 years well tested
> sysvinit.

Don't you read the *important* word : testing ! Are you blind ?

> Come on systemd fanboys, here you have the first example. There's more
> to come. I'll get my popcorn.

I'm not a systemd fanboy, neither an initscripts one. I'm using
systemd and it works. I'm just waiting a little before upgrading my
*working* version.

Your words stinks like :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarrel_of_the_Ancients_and_the_Moderns

Nothing new here since 1690, so...

> Heiko

Are you stuck in 1690 or are we in the 2010's ?

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies at gmail.com