[arch-general] testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 22 07:24:25 EDT 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:18:49 +1000
Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 22/09/12 18:07, Heiko Baums wrote:
> > Am Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:09:02 +0900
> > schrieb Zhengyu Xu <xzy3186 at gmail.com>:
> >
> >> After updating systemd to 191-1 in testing repo, I had following
> >> messages during booting and the process was stuck (crashed).
> >>
> >> [   10.539416] systemd[1]: segfault at 7d ip b75a97b7 sp bfb0ece8
> >> error 4 in libc-2.16.so[b752a000+1a4000]
> >> [   10.539700] systemd[1]: Caught <SEGV>, core dump failed.
> >>
> >> Downgrade to 189-4 can solve this problem. I want to know if this
> >> is a personal problem or a general bug affecting others as well.
> >
> > Why am I not surprised?
>
> Medical condition?
>
> > Yes, binary init system is so much better than a script based init
> > system. And Poetterix is so damn good, so advanced, such an
> > evolution and so much better than the common and over 40 years well
> > tested sysvinit.
> >
> > Come on systemd fanboys, here you have the first example. There's
> > more to come. I'll get my popcorn.
> >

> Because we have never had unbootable systems due to upgrades in
> [testing] before...  You say "sysvinit" but that relied on many
> compiled binaries (e.g. bash)
>
> Allan

Makes me wonder if this list is populated by the same bunch we get on
the Ham repairs list , Just cant comment and sod off got to keep going
and going flogging dead horses .

For all it matters systemd completely refuses to boot for me do i care
***K as like do i cus i can see it's trash right now so dont use it
leave it at that .

Pete

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.5.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 15 08:12:04 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux