[arch-general] testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 08:05:15 EDT 2012

> And now you have them. Did you have even one totally unbootable system
> with sysvinit and initscripts? I doubt that.

That's true, you could almost always use init=/bin/ksh|/bin/zsh etc. and
have a largely usable system, more so than the in-built busybox but as
the reason is unclear at the moment, it would be wrong to point the
finger, however I guess many binaries would be segfaulting if it wasn't
systemds fault.

Heiko was a little over zealous likely because of abuse he has taken
in the past but now he is insulted when he has atleast had reasoning
in his words.

Divide and conquer tactics, how lovely. The theme continues.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)