[arch-general] Switching back from nouveau doesn't work - Was: Proprietary nvidia driver for different kernels

Joakim Hernberg jbh at alchemy.lu
Sat Sep 22 12:00:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 22:41:32 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> I set up CPU frequency scaling as needed and run the Jack MIDI latency
> tests again. I suspect the nouveau driver still is broken [1]. There
> are still Xruns and there's an absurd high peak.

At this moment in time I'll skip the rest of your msg since I don't
know all that much about midi nor about switching back and forth
between nouveau and nvidia.

As the maintainer and author of the current linux-rt package both on
aur and in the archaudio-production repo, I'd be interested in getting
the midi performance tested and approved though

One thing did catch my attention though.  you have your rme audio card
in a slot that shares irq with the nvidia and with several usb
devices.  Imo that is really asking for trouble and you need to at the
very least get your soundcard to use another interrupt than the nvidia
card...

--

   Joakim