[arch-general] Switching back from nouveau doesn't work - Was: Proprietary nvidia driver for different kernels

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Sep 24 00:51:07 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-22 at 18:00 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> One thing did catch my attention though.  you have your rme audio card
> in a slot that shares irq with the nvidia and with several usb
> devices.  Imo that is really asking for trouble and you need to at the
> very least get your soundcard to use another interrupt than the nvidia
> card...

Yes, but I don't had this issue in the past. I can't get another IRQ for
the sound card. FWIW, the latency test did work with the TerraTec too,
there was some "Voodoo" when it didn't work using the nv driver.

However, I try to get rid of the NVIDIA card. I will remove it and check
if Linux nowadays is able to enable 3D support for the on-board ATI
Radeon X1250-based graphics.

Regards,
Ralf