[arch-general] testing/systemd 191-1 failed to boot

Simon Perry arch at sanxion.net
Tue Sep 25 10:59:28 EDT 2012

On 25/09/12, Felipe Contreras wrote:

| There's a difference between using a strong tone, and being a troll.
|
| Using that definition, Linus Torvalds is a troll on the LKML. I disagree.

The Linux kernel has never had a bug that has resulted in an
un-bootable system. So as Heiko says, that is why systemd is worse than
the kernel (it could also be my rose-tinted glasses).

Let's wait for Heiko to release his perfect init system (which will be
better than bash scripts, systemd, the kernel itself etc) because it
will never fail or ever have a bug that results in a system being
un-bootable.

We'll have no chance to be total douchebags on mailing lists, and not
report actual bugs because his system will never fail, at all, ever!

You're a credit to humanity, Heiko, keep on truckin', sunshine.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)