[arch-general] Mailing list closed for 24 hours

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:56:40 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht at piing.fr> wrote:
> The 27/09/12, Tobias Frilling wrote:
>
> The problem is not at the general mailing list but at the dev mailing
> list side.

archlinux-dev is for contributors and as long somebody is just a user
he should have read-only access. Unless we have a way (and a will) of
banning people from that list, there is nothing we can do to prevent
flames there, if we open it up.

The discussion on archlinux-dev is often based on RFCs made by some
dev and you can comment on it on arch-general just fine.

Can you give some examples of discussions you would see moving to archlinux-dev?