[arch-general] Mailing list closed for 24 hours

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:37:32 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Joakim Hernberg <jbh at alchemy.lu> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:28:02 +0100
> mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For those users who use the arch forums via a web interface there
>
> Is there an alternative way to access the forums?  mailing list, usenet?

You can subscribe to threads and subforums and receive updates to your
e-mail. There are rss feeds too.
Mike probably wanted to say you don't have to pay attention to e.g.
the 'Newbie corner' threads if you don't want to, where there are
relatively few Arch mailing lists.

As others have said:
- arch-general was enough when Arch was smaller and more niche, it's
one of the Major Distributions now :-) Maybe we need more MLs, maybe
we need more bans.
- There should be a way to 'mute' the thread via some option / filter
in your e-mail app to keep what you consider noise down.