[arch-general] The "new" opensmtpd package

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Thu Apr 18 08:49:18 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
<hugo at osvaldobarrera.com.ar> wrote:
> On 2013-04-17 22:04, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
>> <hugo at osvaldobarrera.com.ar> wrote:
> Yes, but they differ from the defaults for no aparent reason.
> For example, since the sysconfdir was different, upon update, my email
> stop being sent from most machines (only my desktop kept working, since
> I run opensmtpd-snapshot on it).
> Also, since the user that runs smtpd is different, my spool was
> inaccesible to the daemon once I fixed that.
Ok, it brokes your system... because your PKGBUILD use different path
and users. Nothing related to upstream ;)

> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34835
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34836

Thanks !

> No offense taken, though I'm actually curious as to why that was.
Mainly because I have started my package a long time ago, even before
the first release of opensmtpd.
I looked all openstmpd PKGBUILD into AUR and I took what I found interesting.

Send me (off list) your PKGBUILD if you want more detailed comments.

> I've honestly considered this a few times, but I don't really participate
> in IRC/forums enough to qualify, IMHO. Nor am I familiar with any TU to
> seek sponorship.
*I* think we (as a TU/Dev community) could improve our enrollment
process to allow more skilled people to be involved into packaging and
distro improvement.
You have all my encouragements to find free time to be more involved
member of our growing community.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer