[arch-general] OpenNTPd not correcting time on boot

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 8 09:49:08 EDT 2013

Am 03.07.2013 09:36, schrieb Maxime GAUDUIN:
> I did not test this, but you may want to make it "want"
> network-online.target instead of network.target.

I don't think we have any services by default that make
network-online.target function.

The actual problem is that openntpd does not work properly and ntpd
should be used instead. At least I stopped using openntpd after
realizing that it simply didn't work. As a plus, ntpd deals with
appearing and disappearing network connections properly these days, so
there is no need to mess around with startup order.