[arch-general] apache 2.4

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:46:01 EST 2013

>    For something as fundamental to server operations as apache, Arch should
> continue to provide 2.2 as the core package while providing 2.4 in testing for
> an extended period.

This sounds very Debianish. I haven't seen the same approach for any
other package in Arch Linux. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

systemd which caused way more serious changes across the whole operating
system was introduced very quickly. Apache is not a core component of
the system. It's just some daemon, not everyone's using it, and it's
independent of the other parts of the system. There may be even two
versions of this package in the repo, just like for Python. What I think
is we may still provide Apache 2.2, but Apache 2.4 should really be in
the repo as soon as possible.

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak