[arch-general] package: network-ups-tools what happened to it?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Dec 13 10:48:00 EST 2013

Guys,

  Does anybody know what happened to the package "network-ups-tool" that
provided UPS monitoring for CyberPower UPSs and others? I've search packages and
I've searched AUR, but the only thing found was a very very old 'nutups' package
in AUR that hasn't been updated in more than 2 years.

  I have an old PKGBUILD for network-ups-tools that I have updated to build on
Arch, but it is pre systemd and still installs an init script.

  If network-ups-tools doesn't exists anymore, then what is a good link that
describes how to correctly update the pkgbuild so it creates the needed
/usr/lib/systemd/system/ entries and sets/loads the correct usbhid driver?

  If I have a good link/howto, I'll update it and put it in AUR. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.