[arch-general] HDMI Alsa sound problem from flashplayer 64 bit

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:16:23 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Also I can get sound coming out of the monitor speakers with:
>
> aplay -D plughw:0,7 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
>
> However if I run chrome and play a flash video the video I can see fine -
> but there is no sound.
>
> I have read all the available arch wiki articles about hdmi sound including
> that at
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#HDMI_Output_Does_Not_Workbut
> as soon as I make a ~/.asound file with either of the suggested
> contents KDE immediately tells me that the hdmi sound for that output has
> been selected to be removed and offers me to make that permanent!

I would suggest first to try without KDE on the way.
The solution provided on the wiki should definitively work. In your case,
the device number should be 7.
Once setup, make new tests with speaker-test or aplay, without setting the
device you want to use (what you try to do is to setup your hdmi device to
be the default).
Then, only, add KDE on the top. You will probably need to reconfigure kmix
as your devices have changed.

Regards,

--
Cédric Girard