[arch-general] HDMI Alsa sound problem from flashplayer 64 bit

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:57:01 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Mike Cloaked  wrote:

> So presumably I need to set this into either ~/.sound or /etc/alsa.conf
and
> try to test from a text console as:
>
> aplay -D /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
>
> and if that works then the default channel will have been set as the HDMI
> channel and then switch back to trying from KDE ?

That's right.
Put this in your ~/.asoundrc:

pcm.!default {
  type hw
  card 0
  device 7
}

And "aplay  /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav" should work (without
-D because you do not want to specify the device).

Once this is secure, fire KDE, update your kmix conf to use the default
device and everything should work.

What is happening is that flash use your default sound device, bypassing
kmix. This is why you need to put your HDMI as default.

--
Cédric Girard