[arch-general] Default directory for extra modules

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:34:24 EST 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 09:41 +0100, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have the vanilla and the PAE kernels installed, and I use latter as my
> default for booting. I installed tp_smapi, and the modules are placed on
> /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-3.7-ARCH/ instead of
> /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-3.7-pae/, so they are not found.
>
> Is there anyway to set where the modules should be installed by default
> (which should be the current running kernel, resulting from uname). Or do I
> have to work with the PKGBUILD?
>
> Cheers,
> Sergi

Hi,

The tp_smapi modules are built for the vanilla kernel, they won't work
with the PAE even if you move them. You need to install tp_smapi-dkms
from the AUR and build the modules using DKMS (this should be done by
the install file upon installation, be sure to be running the PAE kernel
when you do this).

Regards,

--
Maxime