[arch-general] UEFI experience - recommendations needed.

Corrado Primier ilbardo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 15:45:32 EST 2013

2013/1/5 Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com>

> Does anyone have experience with such a UEFI system on this list?

I've got a 2008 Macbook  (currently my primary mobile system) running.
After the initial learning curve (it's quite more complex than traditional
MBR/BIOS systems) I find I like it.

Just a caveat: if you have an nVidia card pay attention to the driver you
want to use, nouveau gets a video memory corruption and freezes the system
at boot (nomodeset is an option, but you have no X server). The proprietary
driver works but... well... it's proprietary, and on some hardware
revisions has bugs (on my 9400M it breaks the VTs as soon as X starts).