[arch-general] MBP 8, 2: Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

Martín Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Fri Jan 18 13:50:18 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM, D. Can Celasun <dcelasun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Brainless software engineer here. I'm using Arch on an iMac 27" + 27"
> Cinema Display at work and I couldn't be happier. Sure, it took an
> extra 15 minutes to set it up (compared to a PC)

A bit OT here.
D.: is there any remarkable difference worth noting between running Arch on
PC and on a Mac?
I'm thinking in something like heat or some part of the HW not being fully
supported like the keyboard or anything else. There's no doubt Apple
products stands out because the excellent hardware, one of the main reasons
one would argue to install GNU/Linux on them, but as I never tried this and
I'm a bit reluctant to mess with HW glitches I would love to hear from an
archer running his system on Mac.

Regards.