[arch-general] video display doesn't get refreshed in GIMP, it seems.

phani listmail at phanisvara.com
Mon Jan 21 02:36:35 EST 2013

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:50:59 +0530, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:

> Unless this is something specific to Arch, I'm pretty much in doubt that
> anyone can sort this out for you here. The graphics stack is quite
> complex, so there are a lot of places were things could go wrong. You
> are probably best off by resolving these kind of issues upstream (see
> [2]), where people know what to look for.

yes, i'm aware of that. was just hoping that others might have had similar
experience and know where to look, or that i'm overlooking something
obvious that could be pointed out.

i'll take it to the GIMP users list next, and install openSUSE on bare
metal again, to see if that's different.

it's certainly something to do with the grapchics stack which, as you
point out, is a complex thing  :(

thanks for your reply,

--
phani.