[arch-general] Sound problems

Frank Zimmermann frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de
Thu Jan 31 16:35:27 EST 2013

Good evening,

I'm having troubles getting sound to work aftereach reboot. I've
followed the instructions from the wiki. But after each reboot I need to
run alsamixer -> selct the soundcard by pressing F6 -> and then have to
increase the volume of the speaker. When invoking
systemctl enable alsa-restore.service and
systemctl enable alsa-store.service
I do get the following error messsage:

The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be
enabled
using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another
unit's
   .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which
has
   a requirement dependency on it.
3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path,
timer,
   D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).
... and it starts from the beginning after the next reboot.

BTW it doesn't help when I change the settings in /etc/asound.conf from
pulseaudio to the hw device.

Thanks for any help
Frank