[arch-general] CLI diffing tool other than Vim?

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 17:50:08 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Pedro Alejandro López-Valencia

> Matter of opinion. I value learning from first principles. From that point
> of view:  merging graphical tools are crutches if you don't have the
> foggiest idea of what is actually going on underneath. If you arrived at a
> later stage of the computer OS evolution game, graphical tools are what you
> know and that's the hammer you use to hit all nails. My hammer is vi, btw.
> Not vim; plain, old fashioned vi.

There's absolutely no part of the merging process `vimdiff` is hiding
from you. You're enamoured with doing tedious, repetitive work but
most of us would rather invest a few minutes in learning a more
powerful tool or writing a bit of code than wasting our time.