[arch-general] /bin symlink breaking fetchmail

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 22:20:46 EDT 2013

Hey all,

In short, the latest upgrade seems to have borked fetchmail:

   fetchmail: Error writing to MDA: Broken pipe

Deleting the /bin symlink and creating a /bin directory containing only a
symlink /bin/sh pointing to /usr/bin/bash, makes fetchmail work again.

Running `strace -vf fetchmail` reveals that the execve("/bin/sh"...) call
returns EPERM.

I'm well and truly stumped. I'm using courier-mta as my mda, but that
shouldn't be relevant. Has anybody encountered this?

Thanks,

--
Scott Lawrence

Linux baidar 3.9.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 25 16:14:55 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux