[arch-general] /bin symlink breaking fetchmail

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 6 22:36:45 EDT 2013

[2013-06-06 22:20:46 -0400] Scott Lawrence:
> In short, the latest upgrade seems to have borked fetchmail:
>
>   fetchmail: Error writing to MDA: Broken pipe
>
> Deleting the /bin symlink and creating a /bin directory containing
> only a symlink /bin/sh pointing to /usr/bin/bash, makes fetchmail
> work again.
>
> Running `strace -vf fetchmail` reveals that the execve("/bin/sh"...)
> call returns EPERM.

Please create a report on our bug tracker so this issue gets
assigned to the relevant packager and eventually fixed...

> Has anybody encountered this?

There is really no point looking for "bug buddies": this has never
(and will never) fix problems. Reporting them to our tracker does.

--
Gaetan