[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] ISO image announcements

Cody Maloney cmaloney at theoreticalchaos.com
Fri Mar 1 15:30:16 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just uploaded a new installer image. I did not write any announcement
> for the last two. Some people were asking for a news item. What is your
> opinion on this? Should we post announcements even if there are no
> exciting changes? I could also generate a list of updated packages that
> are available on the new iso compared to the old one.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

I'd like to have just a feed of when ISO releases come out (Esp. since
sometimes, even if there aren't major changes to the iso, some things
like the interface naming change occur because of just package
upgrade). Looking at the release page generated HTML there is an RSS
feed (https://www.archlinux.org/feeds/releases/), but this doesn't
seem to be visibly linked from the page. Be nice if the link was added
to the current releases section of the page.

Thanks,
Cody Maloney