[arch-general] UEFI madness

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sat Mar 2 03:07:03 EST 2013

On 03/02/2013 11:13 AM, Jan Steffens wrote:
> Make sure the EFI System Partition is mounted at /boot. Gummiboot
> expects this: The /vmlinuz-linux path is relative to the ESP. With the
> ESP at /boot, pacman automatically installs the kernels where they
> need to be, and no ugly copying hacks are necessary.
And up it comes. Thank you very much!

Mounting the ESP at /boot struck me as ugly, but yes, it solves the
problem of installing the kernel and the initrd where they need to be.

I now have Arch running on this thing, but barely installed thunderbird
before responding--which is why this doesn't carry my usual GPG signature.