[arch-general] Sound problems

Frank Zimmermann frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de
Mon Mar 4 17:53:45 EST 2013

Am Sonntag, den 03.02.2013, 21:26 +0000 schrieb Frank Zimmermann:

> > > shouldn't this keep the settings for the speaker? In my case it doesn't
> > >

> > Yes, of course, that's the purpose of that command.
> >
> We'lllooks like it doesn't. I've changed the settings
> in /etc/asound.conf from Pulseaudio tom my hw-device and still canot
> save settings.
> >

> > There are two things that come to my mind right now:
> > 1) have present that some of the sound settings you can change with
> > alsamixer depends on other
> > settings. For example it is totally worthless to set the Master channel to
> > it's maximum if PCM
> > channel is muted.
> unmuted
> > 2) because you use PA (well, you use GNOME but it triggers the PA
> > installation) it may be worth
> > to take a look at the various PA mixers found in the official repositories
> > and in the AUR.
> >
> haven't tried em all, yet but will continue to do so.
> KR Frank

I think I got it:-) alsa-restore.service is not run at boot. When I set
the sound in alsamixer, save it with alsactl store and reboot followed
by manually executing
sudo systemctl start alsa-restore.service
the settings are correct. Now I need to figure out why it's not done
automagicaly at boot.
KR Frank