[arch-general] Gotta be a stupid gnome-terminal problem

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sun Mar 3 00:12:21 EST 2013

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 19:47:22 -0700
Matthew Monaco <dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net> wrote:

> Sorry, I don't have definitive answer. You can check
> ~/.xession-errors and $ journalctl -bp warning for clues. (If you use
> GDM .xsession-errors might have been moved recently.

I only have a ~/.xsession, not .xsession-errors. journalctl -bp
requires an argument for the p option; I didn't know what to give it,
so I just said journalctl -b, searched for 'gnome-terminal', 'gnome',
and 'terminal', and basically came up empty. I'm guessing *this*,
the only result I found, is not relevant:

Mar 02 08:30:20 graton2 gnome-session[330]: WARNING: Detected that
screensaver has left the bus Mar 02 08:30:20 graton2
gnome-session[330]: CRITICAL: gsm_manager_set_phase: assertion
`GSM_IS_MANAGER (manager)' failed

Thanks anyway!