[arch-general] makechrootpkg vs. namcap

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:04:34 EST 2013

Hi,

I was building a package using makechrootpkg, and the build was
failing because a mandatory dependency was missing. But when I add
the dependency, namcap complains that it is not needed.

I was wondering how namcap checks dependencies, and what the particular
shortcommings are of namcap when detecting dependencies.
I was also wondering if there could be a possibility that namcap is right,
and that something else goes wrong while doing the chroot-build.

I would be grateful if somebody could enlighten me a little in this...

Greetings,

lieven