[arch-general] Optirun sees no mouse, refuses to load

Szymon Szydełko sszydelko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 08:59:26 EDT 2013

>> As you can see, it's an XORG error. The "module does not exist" means
>> that you don't have xf86-whatever-whatever package. mouse_drv module is
>> provided by xf86-video-mouse. But it shouldn't be looking for it unless
>> you specified it in xorg.conf ... I could be wrong though, I don't have
>> nvidia nor I have used the program you use ...
>

> It should be "xf86-input-mouse" ... Sorry.
>
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=xf86-input-mouse

Thanks, this moved the issue further: now what I have is:
szymon at arch ~ % optirun glxgears
[ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) NVIDIA(0):
Failed to initialize the NVIDIA GPU at PCI:1:0:0.  Please

and excerpt from dmesg:
NVRM: failed to copy vbios to system memory.
NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x30:0xffffffff:756)
NVRM: rm_init_adapter(0) failed

and from /var/log/Xorg.8.log:
http://paste.kde.org/693368/
(Paste since this one is very long.)

Any ideas? Xorg is black magic for me, it's logs aren't better.
Thanks in advance,
Szymon