[arch-general] Optirun sees no mouse, refuses to load

Łukasz Redynk lukas.redynk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:15:37 EDT 2013

In your log, about line 1089:

mar 11 13:05:48 arch.local kernel: NVRM: failed to copy vbios to system memory.
mar 11 13:05:48 arch.local kernel: NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed!
(0x30:0xffffffff:756)
mar 11 13:05:48 arch.local kernel: NVRM: rm_init_adapter(0) failed

There's entry about such problem in NVIDIA common problems section [1]:

---
Why does the VBIOS fail to load on my Optimus system?

On some notebooks with Optimus graphics, the NVIDIA driver may not be
able to retrieve the Video BIOS due to interactions between the System
BIOS and the Linux kernel's ACPI subsystem. On affected notebooks,
applications that require the GPU will fail, and messages like the
following may appear in the system log:

NVRM: failed to copy vbios to system memory.
NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x30:0xffffffff:858)
NVRM: rm_init_adapter(0) failed

Such problems are typically beyond the control of the NVIDIA driver,
which relies on proper cooperation of ACPI and the System BIOS to
retrieve important information about the GPU, including the Video
BIOS.
---

Have you tried to disable power management (automatic switching card
on and off)?

[1] http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/304.43/README/commonproblems.html
pozdrawiam, Łukasz