[arch-general] Is last archboot iso completely busted ?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 04:58:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM, fredbezies <fredbezies at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, this is why it doesn't work. I used autoprepare mode. I find GPT
> partitionning for UEFI to be a little complicated.

It is possible to use a live cd (or live usbkey) and run PartedMagic to do
partitioning before starting the arch install. That is pretty
straightforward to do, using the graphical parted facility once the livecd
is running. When selecting to write a partition table you just select the
GPT option from the pull down menu that is presented. Then you can choose
the new partitions and complete the partitioning before starting. My UEFI
system was done this way and works well.

--
mike c