[arch-general] Bonding networks with netcfg

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 04:03:21 EDT 2013

So I’ve got access to two networks, a wireless one on wlan0 and a mobile
broadband one (with a 3G modem) on ppp0, and both have a tendency to be
rather unreliable. I decided to look up bonding the two, and while I can
sometimes manage to enslave wlan0, ppp0 always fails.

I’ve followed the information and guides from [1] and [2], as well as
what Google could find (though most of the information there was
seriously outdated). I did find a post on the BBS with exactly the same
problem[3], and I tried what they had used, but it also failed.

Is what I want to do even possible?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network#Bonding_or_LAG
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/netcfg
[3] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=133890