[arch-general] Upgrade finish in a "Kernel Panic - not syncing : no init found"

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 10:36:51 EDT 2013

Op 26 mrt. 2013 12:52 schreef "Dany De Bontridder" <dany118 at gmail.com> het
volgende:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> (...)
> > Out of interest: did you try booting a live-medium and chrooting into
> > your install? Were you able  to enter the chroot? What filesystem do
> > you use.
>
> Yes, I installed archlinux on 16 of march, type pacman -Syu on 22, the
> filesystem was ext4
>
> I get the package before and after but I found nothing, even
> downgrading didn't fix the problem

I understand that it might be too late for this case. I had a similar
failure a couple of days ago; after a (too long delayed) system update, my
system hung on boot.
The fix was relatively easy; boot a rescue system and rebuild the initramfs.
In hindsight i could have prevented the problem by taking care of the
warnings pacman reported. The entire problem was caused by me rebooting too
quickly.

So here's a friendly suggestion to check pacman's logs after each upgrade.
Most of the time it'll fine, but especially when it's been a while, it's
important to check it.

Hope that helps.

Mvg, Guus