[arch-general] Question about mariadb replacing mysql

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 07:21:45 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Paul Gideon Dann <pdgiddie at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 Mar 2013 11:05:12 An Nguyen wrote:
> > Akonadi is using MySQL. You can disable Akonadi (personally I found it
> > useless).
> >
> > $ nano .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
> > StartServer=false
>
> Bear in mind that all things PIM rely on Akonadi; specifically, most of
> Kontact.

The question remains as to whether any action is necessary after moving
from mysql to mariadb for any user who is using Kontact and other KDE
components that rely on mariadb after the change?

Presumably there will be some people who know whether it will continue to
work or not without taking any specific action once mariadb is installed?

--
mike c