[arch-general] Permission Denied cifs mount

Squall Lionheart headmastersquall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 14:35:45 EDT 2013

Hello,

I perform pacman -Suy updates each Monday on my system and ever since the
25th, I have not been able to mount shares from a local Samba server.  My
mount.cifs binary has the setuid bit and the mountpoint I am trying to
mount to has permissions of 770 with owner and group set to my users.  I
have tried mounting manually as both my user and root and get the same
error.  The response from attempting to mount is:

# mount -t cifs //sambaserver/Music Music
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

The entries I have in /etc/fstab look like:

//sambaserver/Music    /mnt/sambaserver/Music           cifs
rw,users,guest,noauto,uid=1000,gid=100  0       0

I am able to see information regarding the shares using the smbclient -L
option.  The server is a Slackware server running samba-3.5.8.  Local
device mounting, such as usb drives and local HD devices mount fine.

The samba and smbclient packages were updated from 3.6.12-2 to 3.6.13-1.
Currently running Linux 3.8.4-1 and systemd 198-1.

Any suggestions to get this working again would be greatly appreciated.
Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thank you in advance
Squall

--
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.

Headmaster Squall :: The Wired/Section-9
Close the world  txen eht nepo
$3R14L 3XP3R1M3NT$ #L41N
https://github.com/headmastersquall