[arch-general] libxml2 out of date

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:20:24 EDT 2013

Hi

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Anatol Pomozov
<anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Hussam Al-Tayeb <hussam at visp.net.lb> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 23 April 2013 09:05:33 Ross Lagerwall wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a reason (other than lack of time) that libxml2 has not been
>>> updated from 2.8 to 2.9 (now 2.9.1)?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>
>> As far as I can tell, it breaks a lot of applications.
>
> I believe the next question is "Hussam, Jan is there anything we can
> do to make libxml2 upgrade happen?"

Let me put this statement other way: I have some time that I would
like to contribute it back to Linux Arch. Trying to resolve libxml2
upgrade issues seems a useful task. Could anyone provide me more
information about libxml upgrade problems? Jan, you are the maintainer
should know it. If it brakes apps then could you give me the list?
I'll try to look at it.