[arch-general] libxml2 out of date

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Thu May 2 03:13:12 EDT 2013

On 05/02/2013 03:20 AM, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Anatol Pomozov
> <anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi

>>> As far as I can tell, it breaks a lot of applications.
>>
>> I believe the next question is "Hussam, Jan is there anything we can
>> do to make libxml2 upgrade happen?"
>
> Let me put this statement other way: I have some time that I would
> like to contribute it back to Linux Arch. Trying to resolve libxml2
> upgrade issues seems a useful task. Could anyone provide me more
> information about libxml upgrade problems? Jan, you are the maintainer
> should know it. If it brakes apps then could you give me the list?
> I'll try to look at it.

I would like to help there too. I wanted to email the maintainer about
libxslt and cyrus-sasl packages and see how can I help to resolve the
issues that prevent the packages from being upgraded. Count me in.

FYI, I've already upgraded those packages on another distro and they
appear to work flawlessly.