[arch-general] libxml2 out of date

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Tue May 7 14:44:02 EDT 2013

> > I believe the next question is "Hussam, Jan is there anything we can
> > do to make libxml2 upgrade happen?"
>
> Let me put this statement other way: I have some time that I would like to
> contribute it back to Linux Arch. Trying to resolve libxml2 upgrade issues
> seems a useful task. Could anyone provide me more information about
> libxml upgrade problems? Jan, you are the maintainer should know it. If it
> brakes apps then could you give me the list?
> I'll try to look at it.

Anatol,

Here is a source package building libxml2 2.9.1. It took less than 5 minutes to modify the official repo PKGBUILD and build the new version.

I haven't tested all software depending on libxml2 but I have installed it myself and so far so good everything works perfectly for me.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.