[arch-general] problems while upgrading kdelibs

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed May 8 23:12:41 EDT 2013

Hello,

While upgrading kdelibs-4.10.2-4 x86_64, I am getting errors such as these..

kdelibs: /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.kde.auth.conf exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /usr/bin/checkXML exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4 exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /usr/bin/kcookiejar4 exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /usr/bin/kde4-config exists in filesystem
kdelibs: /usr/bin/kded4 exists in filesystem

There are total 3503 such errors, all for kdelibs only. As of now pacman
reports that none of them are owned by any packages but thats a suspicious
claim since it includes files like /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4 and
/usr/bin/kcookiejar4.

Initially I thought it was a package sync error and any updated packages will
be pushed soon. But after 4 days the situation persists.

Has anybody else seen this? Should I just use --force?

TIA..

Reference

- generate file
# pacman -Syu --noconfirm > pacman.upgrade.log 2>&1

- check error
# grep -c exists pacman.upgrade.log
3503

- check conflicting packages
# grep  exists pacman.upgrade.log |grep -v kdelibs

- check package ownership
for file in $(grep exists pacman.upgrade.log|cut -f2 -d' ');do pacman -Qo
$file;done 2>&1|grep -vi "No package owns"

--
Regards
 Shridhar