[arch-general] libvirtd - save shutdown and systemd

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:35:58 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Guus Snijders <gsnijders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op 13 mei 2013 21:12 schreef "Jameson" <imntreal at gmail.com> het volgende:
>>
>> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Guus Snijders <gsnijders at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > So at least one way would be place a script that calls
>> > "/etc/rc.d/libvirtd-guests stop" (or equivalent, it's not hard to
> replace)
>> > in /etc/systemd/system-shutdown/ . My main question is if this would be
>> > "correct" way or that i could better write some custom unit file to do
> this?
>> > The tricky part is that i am /not/ interested in an automatic resume of
>> > previously running guests, only saving them in case i forgot.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's of any help, but there is already a
>> /lib/systemd/system/libvirt-guests.service unit that calls
>> /etc/rc.d/libvirtd-guests.
>
> Thanks, but my main question how i can best enable that service on
> shutdown/reboot etc scenarios.
> I prefer to not have enabled on startup (if possible).

I think your best bet would be to copy that unit to
/etc/systemd/system, and change the After line to look something like
Before=shutdown.target reboot.target.  Then in theory if you start
that unit, it should call /etc/rc.d/libvirtd-guests stop before a
shutdown or reboot.  In theory.  :)

=-Jameson