[arch-general] Building packages from AUR/ABS

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue May 14 09:14:25 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 13:34:41 Joaquin Villanova wrote:
> Hi, I've built Firefox 21 using Firefox 20 PKGBUILD, changing versions
> and reading the README notes on the source tarball, just for try. Should
> i expect any issue when installing? Is this a good method for a general
> purpose upgrading / downgrading?

Yes, this is a sensible way to build a version of a package that is not
currently in the repositories.  You should have no problem installing the
package you built, so long as there were no errors reported when it was built
:)

As for downgrading, don't forget you can use the packages cached at
/var/cache/pacman/pkg.

Paul