[arch-general] Arch mailing list for subjective discussions

phani listmail at phanisvara.com
Sun May 19 09:46:16 EDT 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013 18:29:48 +0530, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> I agree that fragmentation would be self-defeating. If you would be
> willing to host a "real" list, free from Google, it would be great :).

> Goggle IMO is a cut both ways thingy.

apart from privacy issues, googlel groups isn't a real mailing list. i do
manage one, and i hate that it's interface encourages people to use HTML
and senseless quoting. i would use GNU's mailman, unless somebody else has
a better idea.

and i'm still not sure that another mailing list really is a good idea,
because simply by existing it would contribute to fragmentation of the
available knowledge base.

[sorry for the unintended private reply earlier.]

--
phani.