[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Dropping bluez4

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Wed Nov 6 16:55:02 EST 2013

Am Mi 06 Nov 2013 21:21:37 CET schrieb Andreas Radke:
> Blueman is broken and for many users not even starting.
> -Andy

Hello,

I thought about creating a GUI for gnome-bluetooth since
bluetooth-wizard to pair new devices and bluetooth-sendto to send files
should work without gnome, only gtk3 is required. The traymenu and
pairing agent logic are implemented as a (private?) gobject
introspection interface. We could simply latch on that interface. The
rest is done in javascript for the gnome shell (not part of the
gnome-bluetooth package). We can do that for other desktop environments
with python.

Andreas