[arch-general] Way too much kworkers

Dimitris Zervas dzervas at dzervas.gr
Tue Oct 1 17:30:40 EDT 2013

Um, I have a very powerful pc, so I get no slow downs. i7-3820 with 16GB of
ram.
htop reports no CPU usage, but free -m reports some interesting memory
consumption.
free -m
                    total       used        free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:         16030      15868        161             0        150      13831
-/+ buffers/cache:       1886      14143
Swap:            0          0          0

I know that "used" is for caching/etc., but 15GB is a bit too much.
Downgrading the kernel is not an option because the kernel is patched and
downgrading would take just too much.
I know have 234 kworkers, without suspending.

Thank you for your answers